Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inbox?

There is some guy by name Micheal Vincent who keeps finding me jobs in Richmond. Every other day, I get a mail on my yahoo with a subject "I found you a new job". Udayan Mukherjee gives a statement on CNBC that "2009 will be the Year of Sowing". Someone by name Babu G from jeevansathi.com sends a wish (Happy new year, happy mid year, mid month etc.) for every new day and asks me to respond to profiles on their website. A scrolling add by Naukri.com saying there are 2 lakh jobs available. And then the biggest news of the seasonn apart from slowdown "Satyam: A big Lie"


Definitely want to mention another very very big news "Pakistan's denial mode"!
This is not just overview of my Inbox, but pretty much the only things being reported everywhere. Any newspaper, new site will carry mostly news about Satyam, Pakistan, ads on marriage portals and job sites and news about slowdown.

While talking with some friends the other day, we were thinking that Infy hasn't started any layoffs where as all other firms are in news for layoffs/pink slips etc. We never have heard Infosys laying off people. Is it that all people are so good that they can't be laid off! (hard to digest) or is it that things happen without media publicity? Whatever the reason may be, the day Infy announces layoffs, it would not be recession but depression in economy.


Thats all the news for the moment...

2 comments:

Nithya Jayakumar said...

this is the same state of my yahoo account as well!

Sandeep said...

Thats why I dont check my yahoo mail ;-)